Wednesday 6 November 2013

Health and Safety Production Assessment (Emma & Sabrina)

Possible heath and safety issues and solutions1 - There is a lot of use of red paint in the video, and to ensure that this is safe I will make sure that the leading female does not have allergies to paint and I will make sure that the red paint we use is suitable for skin.

2 - One of the shots require us flicking paint at the leading female including it going in her hair and face. To ensure that this doesnt go in her eyes I will make sure that there are no shots of the paint flicking at her face so that we can do this bit carefully and use protective goggles when doing this section.

3 - Our video requires the use of extra lighting, these lights have long wires which are easy to trip on. To ensure that trips do not happen I will make sure that the wires go around the edges of the room so that nobody falls on them. A fall over these could result in the smashing of a hot light bulb or an injury of cast or crew.

4 - For a small section of our video we require the green screen. The lighting creates heat and when in a small room like the green room everyone is likely to become too warm. I intend to keep the doors open and bring in a fan to cool down this area, also ensuring I hide the wires from the fan to make sure no one trips.

5 - I will always make sure to locate a first aid box before filming and on a new location just in case it is needed and there is no one there to help therefore I am able to get straight to it.

Hazards
Who Is At Risk?
Controlled Measures
Severity of Injury
There is a lot of use of red paint in the video.
Emily (Female Lead)
To ensure that this is safe I will make sure that the leading female does not have allergies to paint and I will make sure that the red paint we use is suitable for skin.
Rash/Allergic Reaction – Medium Risk
One of the shots requires us flicking paint at the leading female including it going in her hair and face.
Emily (Female Lead)
To ensure that this doesn’t go in her eyes I will make sure that there are no shots of the paint flicking at her face so that we can do this bit carefully and use protective goggles when doing this section.
Low Risk
Our video requires the use of extra lighting; these lights have long wires which are easy to trip on.
Cast and Crew
To ensure that trips do not happen I will make sure that the wires go around the edges of the room so that nobody falls on them.
A fall over these could result in the smashing of a hot light bulb or an injury of cast or crew.
-High Risk
For a small section of our video we require the green screen. The lighting creates heat and when in a small room like the green room everyone is likely to become too warm.
Cast and Crew
I intend to keep the doors open and bring in a fan to cool down this area, also ensuring I hide the wires from the fan to make sure no one trips.
Low Risk
Any minor injuries.
Cast and Crew
I will always make sure to locate a first aid box before filming and on a new location just in case it is needed and there is no one there to help therefore I am able to get straight to it.
Low Risk

No comments:

Post a Comment